Stats

Friday, November 23, 2018

UGA preview

My bad on not making a post last week.  Just didn't get around to it.

Anyway, couple of great wins.  Miami was a truly great offensive performance.  27 points on 8 possessions against what is a really good defense.  GT's defense and special teams played well enough to win.

UVA was a true team effort.  And the first game in a long time where I think special teams was the best unit.  Defense played a horrible half and a really good half.  Offense was ok.  Not great, but good enough to win with help from a full team effort.

Unfortunately, now we have UGA.  I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see much hope here.  Our offense is very good.  Top 15 or so nationally.  And their defense isn't as good as last year.  They are only about 20th or 25th best in the country.  But that's still good enough to slow us down some.  I expect us to score somewhere between 2.0 and 3.0 points per possession, probably.  And that's really not bad.

But UGA's offense is loaded.  Top 5 nationally.  Top 5 in both rushing (yards per carry) and passing (passer rating).  They have no weaknesses.   And our defense isn't good.   I'm worried we'll struggle to force third down, sort of like 2012.

I expect after 8 possessions or so, we'll have between 17 and 24 points.  But I'm afraid they'll have 40+.   They are just loaded on offense.  And after 8 possessions, the game will likely be into the 4th quarter and nearly over, since both teams will likely be moving the ball and eating clock. 

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.  As always, Let's go Jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment