Stats

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to my Georgia Tech Blog. I love the Yellow Jackets, and I am a sports fanatic in every sense of the word, as I expect you may be too if you are still reading. I spend more of my time than I would like to admit reading news articles, watching GT games, reviewing them on my DVR, and analyzing anything and everything I can find about Georgia Tech sports. Technically, I follow all of our sports, but I focus almost all of my time on Football and Basketball, so that is what this blog will discuss.

As the first order of business, I would like to thank a few people who are responsible for this blog’s existence. First and foremost, my girlfriend Molly. She is the one who gave me the idea, and she is the one who came up with the clever name “Wreckless Ramblins” as a play on the Ramblin Wreck. It’s a very appropriate name, as I think you will see, because my writing style includes a lot of rambling, and I believe on more than one occasion you may think to call it reckless.

I would also like to thank my family, who have been very supportive with the idea, and who generally tolerate my endless GT analysis in person as well. Dad is a Clemson fan, and my Mother and Brother don’t follow sports, so they are very tolerant indeed.

And, of course, I would like to thank you, the readers. In particular, the ten readers of my regular email chain last year deserve thanks. At first, I wrote an email to two of my friends from undergrad to preview a game. Assuming it was a one time, spontaneous occurrence, I did not write a preview the following week. The week after, they requested another email, and spread word to a few more of our mutual friends. By the end of the season, I had requests from ten people to be included on the email each week, and that email list is what gave my girlfriend the idea for me to start a blog instead.

I must confess that I would probably create these writings even I knew that no one was going to read them. I have really enjoyed writing the first article, which will go up in a few minutes. But knowing that at least a few people, and hopefully even more than that, will read my writing makes it more fun and more challenging.

So thank you, if you are at my website and still reading.

A few notes about the blog:

- I spend quite a bit of time researching and writing, but I do this blog part time. I work full time, so if you follow me, do not expect too much. I hope to be able to put up, at the least, two articles each week. One will review what happened the past week. I do watch the majority of every game, and sometimes every play, in slow motion on my DVR, so that I can see what worked, what did not, and why. This article should be up Monday or Tuesday. The second article will preview the upcoming game, and should be up by Friday at the latest. These two articles will be much shorter than the 25 page season preview (it is a long offseason…).

- I try to be as fair and objective as I possibly can. But I confess, I love Georgia Tech. I hate Georgia. I mean really hate em. It is mostly because of UGA that I hate the SEC. I am biased in favor of the ACC. That’s just the way it goes. I try to ask myself, with regard to everything I write if it has a solid, objective, factual background. I hope everything that I write does, but I make no promises.

- As I said above, I write this blog in my spare time. I will try to be as professional as possible, but my spelling and grammar will likely have regular mistakes. My apologies.

That is all for now. Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy my season preview, and read and enjoy my blog all season.

Thomas Boyd

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to it Thomas!

    Go Jackets and THWG!

    -SweetSweetPat

    ReplyDelete