Stats

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Miami Preview

Sorry guys, didn't blog much this week.  Still mourning the USA soccer disaster.  And then last night my second team (Clemson) dropped a silly upset, just to give me a swift kick in the nether regions for no apparent reason.  Given how my week has gone,  I expect a 40 point GT loss today.  Just to finish off rubbing it in.  My karma must be off.

At any rate, this ought to be a good game.  I still think GT is better than most people think.  The Tennessee loss is really holding us back, but that was a game we threw away with sloppy play.  We still need to cut down on the turnovers, but our defense looks like it might be better than its been in years.  Marshall is a player.  We, quietly, might be pretty dang good. 

I guess we'll find out today.  Miami is the best team we've faced, obviously.  They are solid if not spectacular on both sides of the ball.  And this is the only ACC team that Paul Johnson has played on the road and never beaten on the road.  They've always had our number in Miami. 

So it'll be a tough game.  Our defense looks much better but we haven't played any decent offense, and the best offense was have played (Tennessee) eventually got hot and scored at will for about 1 quarter and overtime. 

Well... statement game.  Or a chance for a statement game.  Alright Jackets.  Are we for real this year?  Show me.  I could use some sports good news. 

My gut says it'll be a hard fought game that Miami pulls out by a 7-10 points.  Hope I'm wrong.

As always, Let's Go Jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment