Stats

Thursday, September 6, 2018

South Florida Preview

Its always hard to tell much from an FCS game, but I did like the way the defensive scheme looked.  We look like we are planning to attack more.  We'll see if that translates into results.

Offense looked ok.  Not great.  A little sloppy with turnovers.  Need to clean that up.  Would like to see the O line play a little better.  But, it was fine I guess.

Going into this week, I don't really know much about South Florida.  Willie Taggart built up the program to a pretty good level before he moved to Oregon and then FSU.  South Florida was 10-2 last year.  They played a VERY weak schedule, but they did win 10 games I guess.

I think we are probably the slightly better team, but South Florida is a legitimate program.  I would say they are probably on Wake Forest's level or so, talent wise.  Maybe actually a little better.  Meaning we probably should win (and we are favored, opened around 6, down to 3.5 now).  But they could definitely win, especially at home.

I'll be happy with any win here.  I don't care if its pretty.  Charlie Strong is a good coach.  He's in his first year, so not sure how much influence he has had so far.  But normally he is a very good defensive coach.  South Florida runs a spread offense but with a new QB.  So a lot of question marks.  I just hope we execute well and play smart football.  If we do that, we should be OK. 

As always, let's go Jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment