Stats

Friday, October 23, 2020

BC Preview

 Got it right last week.  In fairness, that was an easy call.

Lots of GT fans are up in arms about how big the blowout was.  Much ado about nothing if you ask me.  We tried to play them straight up (hopefully to learn and grow) and playing hurry up, taking shots downfield etc led to a 17 possession game.  That's a ton.  They are a lot better than us.  That is a lot of chances to score on us.  73-7 isn't really any worse than 52-14 in my opinion, but I guess reasonable minds can disagree.  

Anyway, on to BC.  They are decent on defense, not very good on offense.  We are decent on offense, not very good on defense.  (Really have not been impressed this year with Collins' defensive coaching - supposed to be his strength - and we aren't very good.  We need better talent, but we are 13th in the ACC in yards per play allowed - our talent isn't that bad I don't think).

The game is at BC.  Obviously a slight advantage for them.  I think they are better than us anyway.  I'm a little surprised the line is only 4 points.  I would think BC covers that.  I expect us to lose by 10 or so.  But, stop me if you've heard this before, turnovers will be key.  We force a lot and give up a lot.  In fact, we are 3rd from last in turnovers lost nationally, and 4th in turnovers forced.  That's crazy.  That is also why we beat Louisville badly (should have lost) and lost to Syracuse badly (should have won).

So, if the turnover margin is +/- 3 in either direction, that team will win.

Assuming no crazy turnover story, I would expect a slow battle that is close but BC wins... 31-21.  Maybe.  They power run as always and throw a little, not very creative but not bad.  They have a great tight end.  There is a long running joke, with some truth to it, about GT not being able to cover tight ends.  So watch for that.  On the other side their D is ok but not flashy.  Our offense has some talent.  Need to play sharp.  

I'd bet BC to cover the spread and win by 10.  

As always, I hope I'm wrong.  Go Jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment