Stats

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Week 12 Picks

Every week I will pick all the ACC games against the spread, as well as the biggest national games of the weekend, and occasionally the UGA game, even though UGA games are unlikely to fit either of those two criteria.

There will be three categories. “Free Money” are the games I feel the most confident about. “Solid bets” are next, and then “Toss-ups” are the ones that could go either way. I’ll keep track of how I am doing with a chart that I’ll update each week, so you readers can make fun of me for (probably) being sub .500 and correctly picking more “Toss-ups” than “Free Money” bets.

This week:

Well I guess I was missing something on Alabama Miss. St. I thought that would be a better game. Oh well. I did win the BC bet, so I went 1 for 2 on Free Money

Great week on solid bets. I won Clemson, South Carolina, N.C. St. and Maryland. Strangely, South Carolina won. I am still waiting to see what the chicken curse will do to get even. But that is 4 wins. Ugly pick on North Carolina makes me 4 out of 5.

Terrible prediction on GT as the only tossup. So that’ll be 0 for 1.

So far on the season:

Free Money

17 for 35

Solid Bets

21 for 45

Toss Ups

16 for 31

Total

54 for 111

Slowly getting my numbers back up…

Here are this week’s picks.

Free Money:

Clemson favored by only 13.5 at Wake Forest. Forget about our game with the Deacs. They are bad. Clemson by a lot.

Miami beats VT. Take that to the bank. And they are 2.5 point underdogs at home, so they will win the bet as well.

Arkansas will beat Miss. St. by more than 3.5. You should also take that to the bank, but soon you won’t have to if you don’t want to. I’ve almost finished a new program where you can simply photograph both sides of it and use your iPhone to deposit it. So you don’t actually have to go all the way to the bank if you don’t want to.

Solid Bets:

Boston College is favored by 6.5 at home against UVA. Take the Eagles again. They are on a roll, and I think their defense will lock down UVA. It may take them a while, but they will eventually score enough to win this bet.

Georgia Tech favored by 11.5 over Duke. I am taking the Jackets again. What a homer.

Ohio St. is favored by 3.5 at Iowa. This is tough to pick, but I haven’t been real impressed by Iowa this year. Don’t know why, but I am taking the Buckeyes. When in doubt in the Big Ten, take the Buckeyes.

Florida State favored by 4.5 at Maryland. Friedgen is leading the Terps to a good year, but I still think they are a little overrated. FSU covers this. They do not fear the turtle. Not even a little bit. They just think its cute.

Toss-Ups:

N.C. St. UNC could go either way. The heels are favored by 2.5 at home. I am taking State, I just feel like O’Brien has Davis’ number.

Texas A&M is a 2.5 point underdog at home against Nebraska. Take the Aggies at home, with the 12th man.

No comments:

Post a Comment