Stats

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 4 - Miami Post Mortem


Alright guys.  Sorry for the delay.  Actually, sorry for the lack of a post.  Because I'm not sure there will be a Miami post game analysis.  I keep trying to muster the strength to review the tape.  Not sure I can do it.  That was a tough one to take.

I was feeling pretty good for a while there.  I predicted 35-17.  We were rolling along at 36-19.  Everything was great.  I should have seen it coming.  GT football seems to like to do this to me.

We even overcame the awful start.  Blow a coverage and give up an easy TD.  Then the silly-stupid-one-of-the-strangest-plays-by-a-senior-I've-ever-seen safety on the kickoff.  What.  The.  Seriously?  But even down 19-0 we came back and took command.

I would try to write a review but I've spent a few days trying to forget as much about that game as possible.  Maybe I'll get around to watching the tape.  But I won't promise anything.

There won't be an MTSU preview or review.  I am out of town this weekend and, thats just the way it is.  Or I'll do it real quick.  We win.  Big.  The spread I saw was 27.5.  I would bet that.  At home, after this loss, I think we blow out MTSU.  It will be worse than UVA was.

As for the rest of the season, there is still plenty to play for.  I'm trying to come back.  I think I'll get there.  I think we can beat Clemson.  Yes I'm worried about the defense, and I'm no longer sure Groh is the man for the job.  (this was supposed to be the season we got a lot better - but it looks like UVA and VT are just bad offenses).  However I'll give him the whole year before I judge.  I still think our defensive scheme matches up well with Clemson, as I did last year.  And I've not seen anything to indicate their defense will slow us down much at all.  They have athletes on offense  But even if they score 45 I think we can win.

We will need to get a lot better between now and UGA to have a chance there.  But everybody else on the schedule between now and then is beatable.  I guess that is something to play for.  Maybe we can even still win the conference at 6-2.  Neither Miami nor VT looks invincible.  Crazier things have happened in this conference.  I don't know.

Anyway, I'm just trying to take it slowly.  The season so far has been such a let down.  So close.  Not sure its healthy for me to jump right back into it.  So, taking it slow.  Just for the next couple weeks, I think we annihilate MTSU and the Clemson game will be a good one.  We might lose.  We could win.  Let's go from there.

Go Jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment